Forums

3592 sounds
    340 posts

I still can't seem to upload files over 300MB, I've certainly been able to do that in the past, but it hasn't worked for quite some time now. I know I don't have a very fast connection, but I can upload to google drive and just about anywhere else without problem.

745 sounds
    179 posts

oups! I'm sorry to hear that. I just tried myself and also had problems with files > 300MB. I think in my previous email this is the "limit" I wanted to post but I mistyped it for 400MB. What I experienced is that I saw the "something went wrong" error after uploading (took a while), and then I could see the file in the describe page but the last minutes of the recording were missing (cropped).

I'm sorry but we won't probably be able to find a quick fix for this now, so I't recommend to keep files <= 300MB.

frederic
    the freesound team
    3592 sounds
    340 posts

Thanks for checking Frederic. I will miss being able to submit long sounds, hopefully they will return some day!

745 sounds
    179 posts

share your long files with me via we transfer or similar and I'll copy them for you directly to the servers smile

frederic
    the freesound team
    3592 sounds
    340 posts

Thank you Fredric, that is incredibly kind, I will send you a message when I'm ready.

2624 sounds
    1199 posts

frederic.font wrote:

I'm sorry but we won't probably be able to find a quick fix for this now, so I't recommend to keep files <= 300MB.

Hi Frederic,
    Large file are still a problem.
    This one took me 4 times uploading: https://freesound.org/people/klankbeeld/sounds/534711/

Keep on fighting the problem. i'll wait in patients.smile

To hear, you first have to listen
    745 sounds
    179 posts

Hi,

yeah we know sad we have to allocate some new time for that and find a solution. Meanwhile you can send sounds to me and I can add them to your accounts smile

frederic
    the freesound team